Careful handling of personal data is of great importance to Africa’s Eden. Personal data are therefore processed and secured with care. In doing so, we comply with the laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal data, such as the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Legal grounds for the processing of personal data
According to legislation, Africa’s Eden may only process personal data if one of the statutory grounds to do so applies. Africa’s Eden processes personal data based on the following legal grounds:
- in relation to the contracting and/or execution of agreements;
- in order to comply with the law (including administrative processing, fiscal obligations and obligations relating to court orders or other mandatory laws and regulations);
- in connection with the justified interests of Africa’s Eden, in which regard Africa’s Eden ensures that the impact on your privacy is as limited as possible. Personal data are therefore processed in connection with matters including:
- conducting studies, creating models and preparing statistics;
- the exercise and defence of the rights of Africa’s Eden, for example in the case of disputes;
- the management of personal data, including the creation of segments and profiles for customer management and for detecting the requirements of customers of Africa’s Eden;
- the management and improvement of the website, which enables Africa’s Eden to determine your (click) behaviour through visits to our website, in order to be able to provide you with specific information on that basis (profiling). The logic that Africa’s Eden uses here is that your IP address is linked to your actions and on this basis, your preferences are determined. We always request your explicit consent for this in advance;
- the consent granted by the data subject for the processing of their personal data.
Responsibility for the processing of personal data
Africa’s Eden is responsible for the processing of your personal data. This means that Africa’s Eden determines the objectives and means for the processing itself and that it is responsible for compliance with the statutory requirements.
Objectives of processing personal data
If you visit our website, request information via our website, buy a service or contact us by telephone, we record your personal data. Africa’s Eden processes your personal data for various purposes. Africa’s Eden only processes the personal data necessary for these purposes. The following objectives apply for the processing of personal data by Africa’s Eden:
- in order to be able to contact you;
- in order to send you information;
- for contracting and executing agreements;
- for organizing trips;
- for administrative requirements;
- for conducting scientific research.
We also use your personal data for relationship management and activities to expand our base of clients and other stakeholders in Africa’s Eden and to inform you about our activities.
We aim to take account of your preferences here. If you do not wish to receive information from Africa’s Eden, you can send an e-mail with the subject line ‘blocking’ to:
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails relating to activities and news from Africa’s Eden, you can use the same e-mail address to report this.
Website and cookies
On the website, visitor data are saved, such as the pages requested most frequently by visitors. The purpose of this is to optimise the design of the website. These data can also be used to place information that is relevant to you on the pages that you visit, for example special reports in your fields of interest or offers from advertisers. In this way, our services for you can be further optimised.
You can deactivate cookies in your browser without this having far-reaching consequences for your use of the website. However, the consequence may be that certain parts of the site are no longer accessible to you, or less so.
On the website, you will find a number of links to other websites. Although these websites have been selected with care, we cannot bear any responsibility relating to the use of your data by those organisations. For this, please read the privacy statement of the website that you are visiting, if available.
Security of personal data
1) Exchange of personal data
Propagation and receipt of personal data within Africa’s Eden
Africa’s Eden may exchange your (personal) data within the various departments of Africa’s Eden.
Africa’s Eden ensures that the European standards for protection of personal data are applied within its departments.
Africa’s Eden cannot be held liable if it is required to provide personal data to authorities in compliance with current statutory obligations.
2) No commercial use
Africa’s Eden will not sell, lease, share or otherwise make your personal data commercially available to third parties, other than as described in this privacy statement or with your prior consent.
Accuracy of the personal data provided
By providing your personal data, you guarantee that these are accurate and complete. If Africa’s Eden is provided with false identities, incomplete or inaccurate data, it may temporarily or permanently block all access to the websites or deny access to sections of them.
Storage of personal data
Africa’s Eden stores personal data for no longer than is necessary for the realisation of the objectives for which the data were provided, and in any event as long as specific regulations require this.
Your privacy rights
You have a right to view your personal data, a right to request corrections, limitation or erasure of your personal data and you may also request the transfer of your data. Finally, you can make an objection to the use of your data. For the way in which you can exercise your rights and the handling of requests in that regard, Africa’s Eden has adopted a regulation on the rights of data subjects regarding personal data.